How do I obtain custody for my special needs daughter who is 31 years and pregnant?

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

David M. Goldman

Answered 2 years ago

Obtaining custody for an adult even one with special needs is not the same as for a minor child. You will need to establish a guardianship. This is a court supervised process where a person is determined to not have the capability to make certain decisions on their own. The court will award a guardian who will have a fiduciary responsibility to take care of the person (you child). You should meed with a guardianship lawyer to discuss this and the responsibilities that come with it.