Yarmouth, ME asked in Divorce for Maine

Q: In Maine, if my ex loses her job, will my child support increase?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Guillory
Robert Guillory

A: It might and it might not. If she isn't working then she won't need daycare so this could make your support go down. Your support will not change until someone files a motion to modify it based on a change in circumstances. You can log on to the Pine Tree Legal website and use their child support worksheet to run numbers to figure what the new support number might be by plugging in your income, hers and the daycare and health insurance numbers. Remember any agreement you two might come to is not enforceable until it is signed by the Judge.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.