My wife left 2 weeks ago and took our 13 month old daughter. What county will I need to file for custody and divorce in?

More details:

She left while I was out of state working. I was an over the road truck driver. She hasn't let me see or talk with our daughter since she left.

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Beverly L. Cohen

Answered 2 years ago

For up to six months after you and your wife separated, the divorce can be filed in the county where the marital residence was located. Since your wife left only two weeks ago, if you are still living in the same county where the marital residence was located, you can file for divorce in that county.