Can a petition for dissolution of marriage be amended after the respondent has been served?

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

John Arthur Smitten

Answered 2 years ago

Yes, if there is no response yet then you can just file it, if the other side has responded then you need leave to amend.

Howard Iken

Answered 2 years ago

If they already responded you can get an order from the court giving you the right to amend. Court are normally liberal with giving permission.