Can my ex-wife take me back to court for more support when child support agency closed the case due to child turning 18?

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Robert Jason De Groot

Answered 2 years ago

Probably not. Child support usually terminates when the child reaches 18.

Howard Iken

Answered 2 years ago

It also depends on whether support has "legally" terminated. In Florida support can continue to 19 if the child is still in high school (with some exceptions). You are absolutely safe if the child is 18 and has graduated.