Volusia, FL asked in Divorce for Florida

Q: My wife has remarried and I dont think we are divorced...can I remarry?

Related Topics:
3 Lawyer Answers

Robert Jason De Groot

  • Deltona, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If you do not think you are divorced, find out. You cannot be married to two people at the same time, just one, and it is a 3rd degree felony to get married when you are married.

John Arthur Smitten

  • Clearwater, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Do a search with the clerk first. Make sure you are divorced otherwise your next marriage is void.

Howard Iken

  • New Port Richey, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: I assume you asked her? Or you can look on myfloridacounty.com for a divorce judgment.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.