Asked in Child Custody for Georgia

Q: Do we need to get a lawyer

My husband signed a paper for temporary guardianship to her grandparents cause he was in a bad place in his life at the time and has since gotten his life on track. The childs mother lives in a place that is falling apart and has no power. We went to get a copy of the temporary guardianship papers but they could not find where they had been filed. So we also had the check to see if a power of attorney had been filed and neither have been filed or there is no record of it being filed.... What do we need to do to get his daughter. They wont let her come back to our house right now because they are questioning how we got her to sleep in the room with my 8 year old daughter and how we got her to sleep by 10 and sleep all night because at their home she stays awake till 1,2 or 3 am and wakes up at night and she sleeps in the bed with them. we found out this is the reason yesterday so because we can accomplish stuff they cant they wont let her come back to the house.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Beverly L. Cohen
Beverly L. Cohen
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Roswell, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Your situation sounds complicated. Other issues may be involved that you have not even mentioned. The best advice would be to hire an attorney who can deal with all of the issues presented by the situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.