Columbia City, IN asked in Child Custody for Indiana

Q: How many over nights is the father able to get?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
JR Emerson
JR Emerson
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Carmel, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: You can negotiate any number of nights with the mother, I am assuming that she has primary custody. In general, the minimum is 1x per week, and every other weekend. If you want to spend more time with your child you can work with the mother or tell the Judge that you want more time. If you do go to court you will want to show the Judge why spending more time with you is in the child's best interest. Speak to an attorney to learn more.

Best of luck.

JR Emerson

Indianapolis Divorce Attorney

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.