Douglasville, GA asked in Divorce for Georgia

Q: My ex wife and I have two children together if we live together and the separate again is she allowed back child support

My ex wife and I were divorced and then got back together and lived together ... This past week she gained access to my email accounts unknowly to me and found some emails she didn't like ... We have since split back up and she is demanding back child support ... All my pervious pay checks went into our joint checking account ... What is my "legal" ground on this ....

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David Stephen Klein
David Stephen Klein
  • Augusta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You should contact a competent divorce attorney right away. The outcome will depend on the specific language of your divorce decree, but certainly one could make the argument that your deposits into joint checking represented at least some, if not all, of your support obligation. Also, she may have violated the law by accessing your email, which you could use for leverage.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.