My ex lives in another state can she force our son to visit her?we have a parenting plan that says she has visitation

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Kimberly K. Schreiber

Answered 1 year ago

Is the Parenting Plan current? In other words, does it allow visits out of state? If not, send a certified letter that states you wish to mediate and amend the Parenting Plan. Almost all PPLANS have a provision that requires mediation before any sort of court action. If the Plan allows visits out of state you risk contempt charges by not providing the child. It would still be best to amend.