I live in tn my daughters dad lives in ny, can I file for child support from a different state

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Kimberly K. Schreiber

Answered 1 year ago

Where does the child live? If she lives with you in Tennessee the majority of the time and your file is in New York, you can have it "domesticated" or moved to Tennessee in most cases. Once it is here, local child support services can help you or you can hire an attorney to get child support.