Minneapolis, MN asked in Family Law for Minnesota

Q: we live in MN. separated for 5 years (not legally). do i have to pay child support?

4 years of seperation wife got payed 4000$ a mo and i got 2000$ a mo. last year i started new job and get paid 4000$ a mo and my wife get today about 5000$ a mo. my wife gets all kind of benefits from her work and i don't have any and never did.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kristen Bullock
Kristen Bullock
  • Saint Paul, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: Child support is not only based on the parents' income but also the parenting time. So more information would be needed to answer this question. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at 651.270.6484.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.