Clementon, NJ asked in Landlord - Tenant for New Jersey

Q: Should I have an attorney if I am signing a rental lease for one year and paying the year lease in full?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Yasmin Gamboa
Yasmin Gamboa
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Belleville, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: It is always a good idea to have an attorney review all contracts (includes leases). With that said, most people don't use an attorney to sign a lease. However because you are paying a large sum, it might be best to make sure that if the lease terminates early, for reasons stated in the lease, you have the ability to be refunded some of the money.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.