Brandon, FL asked in Family Law for Florida

Q: I have a judgement to receive child support in Florida starting Sept 1 2014, what happens when the father doesn't pay?

He did not show up for the court hearing and is in arrears of nearly $36,000. already.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nancy Adkins
Nancy Adkins
  • Sunrise, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Move immediately to have the order enforced. You may be able to recover attorney fees for the necessity of having to file this motion.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.