Middle Island, NY asked in Family Law for New York

Q: My son is 8 yrs old he was born and is living in the Dominican Republic. I pay (DR) child support there.

His mother is not a US citizen. She has married a man in DR, he is from Florida. Can they move my son to Florida Without my consent? If so who is responsible for The care of my child, me or the husband? I live in NY and have not yet given my son his US birth abroad status or his US passport.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bruce Provda
Bruce Provda
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Your question is very fact specific and cannot really be answered in this type of forum. You need to discuss this is person bringing all the information you have to an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.