Helper, UT asked in Divorce for Utah

Q: I have taken care of my husband he has just been released to go back to work he has over come cancer and now he wants

to be single I have not worked in 6 years and I lost a home and car due to marrying him and now this am I entitled to anything?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Craig L. Pankratz
Craig L. Pankratz
  • Tooele, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: Whether you are entitled to anything depends on the circumstances surrounding your marriage. Generally, property is split as equally as is possible. Alimony is available in Utah depending on your standard of living during marriage, your ability to earn enough to live at that same standard of living, and your husband's ability to pay.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.