Springfield, IL asked in Uncategorized for Illinois

Q: Who to contact when a hospital dissolves my families ability to receive medical service including going to the ER.

I had an appointment with a hospital and ran late due to a fatal car accident. I contacted the hospital and informed them I was running late due to this matter. The Resident my children were suppose to see that day adhered to the hospitals policy and requested that I make another appt. He had no empathy for the person who died on the street nor my being a single mother of twins. I wrote a letter to the Resident Medical Dir. regarding my concerns with how the Resident handled the situation. She responded with dissolving my families ability to receive any medical care even though my child has state insurance with that particular medical group. After communicating with the insurance company I was informed that I would not have the opportunity to switch my son over to any alternate state insurance plan until Oct. He is seven months of age and will miss receiving both his 9 month and 12 month shots due to this letter. I would like to know if I even have a case against this medical group.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: All I can say is probably not. But go see a local attorney about this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.