Saint Peters, MO asked in Criminal Law for Missouri

Q: I have not been conficted did the have the right to ca my doc and talk about my charge ?

I have been charged with a class b felony and am fighting it am currently taking random drug test at the private probation office but am not on probation or parole thats a stipulation of my bond I haven't even had my plenary hearing yet .

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony J Muhlenkamp
Anthony J Muhlenkamp
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Webster Groves, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: Unfortunately bonds often have conditions. If it is a drug charge, often times the defendant will be subject to random UA testing at a private probation office as a condition of your bond. Make sure you don't have any dirty drops or your bond could get revoked.

If you have a lot of clean ones and stay out of trouble while the case is pending try speaking to your attorney about filing a motion to amend the conditions of your bond so that you do not have to report as often. It may work if the judge sees that you have been doing a good job with no violations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.