Minneapolis, MN asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for Minnesota

Q: I really need consultation and/or representation in a DHS Appeal.

I went to the first hearing and asked the judge for a continuance as I felt unprepared. She granted the continuance until June 11th and told me if I was looking for an attorney they would need to practice administrative law. I am having trouble finding such or getting anyone to call back. My childcare license has been suspended for weeks now and I am the sole support for my family as my husband ids disabled ... I don't think I understand the law they're suspending me for. I am accused of having a disqualified person living in my home. Not true. I am accused of failure to report alleged child abuse .. also not true. The first I heard of the abuse (which did not happen at my business nor to any client of mine past or present) was after the alleged abuse was already reported to doctors, police and CPS. How can I fail to report something that has been reported. I am lost and losing more by the day ... really need help!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Deltona, FL

A: You needed to hire a private attorney back then, one who does administrative law. Most attorneys in your area will be able to help or be able to recommend someone who can help. Go see a local attorney if you have not done so already.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.