Chicago, IL asked in Civil Rights for West Virginia

Q: So if im going through maryland to get to pa can i have my gun in the car?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Seth S. Gaskins
Seth S. Gaskins
  • Licensed in West Virginia

A: If you are referring to licensed concealed carry reciprocity then the answer is no. Maryland does not have reciprocity with West Virginia; however, Pennsylvania does. If you are simply talking about transporting an unloaded and unconcealed weapon across state lines, you will need to consult the law in each state to find out what the requirements are for transporting a weapon.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.