Asked in Criminal Law for Maine

Q: Will probation be revoked for a new criminal trespass charge?

My son just recently was charged with class b burglary and was sentenced to 2 years with all but 100 days suspended and 2 years probation (no prior criminal history) He was now arrested and charged with criminal trespass.His cousin picked him up and brought him to her home she shared with her boyfriend. The next day when boyfriend got home from work my son was there sleeping and bf called police.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Deltona, FL

A: Hire a private criminal defense attorney for the son. It seems to me from what you have written that he should not have been charged because he was there with permission from the cousin.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.