Grand Rapids, MI asked in Business Law for Idaho

Q: Served lawsuit papers from business creditor, I'm no longer a registerd member/manager of with the SOS. Am I liable?

I was served lawsuit papers from a business creditor. When I was divorced from my spouse earlier this year I was removed as a member/manager of our business we owned together, which is an LLC. Can I be liable or have my wages garnished for this lawsuit? Court date in Missouri is July 13th. What do I need to do to respond?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Adam Studnicki


A: If you were served papers, you should make sure and hire a lawyer to respond before a default judgment is entered against you. Whether or not you are right or will win, you have to respond promptly.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.