Belton, MO asked in Workers' Compensation for Missouri

Q: I injured my arms at work a year and half ago. My manager never filed paperwork. What can I do now?

When injured my manger and other co workers knew. I had no clue how any of his process worked. I used my own time and insurance for everything. I ended up tearing ligaments in my arms in result to that to this day I still cannot lift heavy objects. I have switched jobs now so I wasn't for sure if I can file anything against my previous employer on this injury that will effect me the rest of my life?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: It may be too late. Talk to an attorney who has some knowledge of the worker's compensation laws in your state.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.