Caruthersville, MO asked in Communications Law, Criminal Law, Family Law and Juvenile Law for Missouri

Q: Can an adult male employee be charged for giving 10 yr old his facebook contact information

My 10 yr old was with my mom at a auto parts store. An adult male employee gave her a small piece of paper with his facebook and whispered add me and throw this away. We have filled a police report and contacted the store and corporate. The district manager thinks it is a misunderstanding. How do you misunderstand that in anyway? She is 10 and he's an adult. He has a fake page set up and a real page. He has pornographic on the page he wants my daughter to friend (she doesn't have facebook). He was in the military briefly. We found out that he was fired for a correctional job for sexual misconduct as well. His fake facebook has people from across sees where child trafficking is a problem.

Is this illegal? If his job doesn't fire him - can we press charges on them? I feel like this is a ruse to do something to our 10 year old child. Her dad lost it when I told him and was going to beat this guy to pieces because he was still at work after I filed complaint with his bosses.

1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Deltona, FL

A: If this is important enough to you, which it should be, you will go see a local attorney about it to get the specifically tailored legal advice that you might need. When you do that, the attorney will be able to have a full discussion with you and will look for any possible causes of action that might be available. I do not see any in what you have written here, but I do not practice in your state, and think you at least need to get to a local attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.