Clarksville, TN asked in Divorce for Tennessee

Q: He said he is filing for divorce after agreeing to a separation ...I want to know my options. And my rights

We are married 4 years we had a disagreement on Jan 1 2016 I choose to leave his mother's home where we were temp staying I left tx jan2 2016 to my mother's in tn we initally agreed to separate for two months see how things go ...on Monday he stated to me He would retain a divorce lawyer when he has the money ...we in my opinion haven't exhausted all means ie conseling ...separation what are my rights in this matter ..what could I potentially see from this ..I love my husband dearly ...I know he loves me I hate excuses but his mother hates me and always tries to separate us I feel that he is only doing this at his mother's urging ...he suffers from severe anxiety and he does not take his meds as he should also my husband is medically retired from army and has began receiving retirement pay ..I have been a stay at home wife and mother for 4 years at his request he said he would prefere things that way now I have no money of my own college or other schooling

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Elizabeth Wafula
Elizabeth Wafula
  • Memphis, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Your question involves many issues and is detailed. For your own sake, contact an attorney in your area ASAP and obtain thorough advice on your options and rights!

Visit for a listing of my legal services and regular updates!

Disclaimer: Any information given above is for educational purposes and is not intended to provide specific legal advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.