Minneapolis, MN asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for Minnesota

Q: Appeals Judge Being Mislead/ Does the appeal Judge have the authority to reverse it's order without appeal request

The County supplied false and misleading information nor complied with the rules of evidence in direct violation of the District Court Order of which the decision was in violation of.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph A. Gangi
Joseph A. Gangi
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Mankato, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: Your question is confusing. The appellate court does not have jurisdiction to reverse a trial court decision unless an appeal is filed. If an appeal is filed and you disagree with the appellate court's decision, you must petition for review in the supreme court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.