Asked in Family Law for Georgia

Q: My sons father has not paid any cs for my son in the whole 12 years of his life. Can I get back cs in Georgia?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Eric J. Garber
Eric J. Garber
  • Augusta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: It depends. Do you have a custody order established yet? If so, when was it established? If not, were you and the father married at any point? Are currently married? If you were never married, have you established that the father is the child's biological father via DNA testing? If so, when? Have you ever made demand on the Father for child support? As you can guess, there is a lot more information needed to answer your question, and it is highly recommended that you speak with a knowledgeable and experienced family law attorney in your area to help you answer these questions and review your right to seek back child support in Georgia.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.