Asked in Divorce for Minnesota

Q: How can I get my husband for illegal divorce?

I found out not too long ago from health insurance that my husband has that I was cut off, saying that he had divorced me in 2007, he lives in Alabama and that is where the divorce took place, I contacted the state and got an certified letter stating that there is no divorce papers in Alabama. The health insurance told me that he is married again. I want to get him for illegal divorce and anything else I can get him for.

Related Topics:
3 Lawyer Answers

Lucas Wynne

  • St. Louis Park, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: You need to contact an attorney ASAP.

Jeff Hughes


A: Contacting an attorney as soon as possible is your next move.

Trisha Festerling


A: Contact a lawyer immediately.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.