Albany, GA asked in Family Law for Georgia

Q: Is there a right that I can refuse visitation rights to my ex-husband due to his sexual behavior and his male candidate

My ex-husband is in a relationship with another man and I really don't feel comfortable with my son around that environment. My son is only 5 years old and he knows that he is daddy's boyfriend. It is a very uncomfortable situation. What can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Eric J. Garber
Eric J. Garber
  • Augusta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: In addition to Ms. Rice's answer, you may have grounds for a contempt action if your ex-husband's boyfriend has been staying overnight when the child is visiting your ex-husband IF your currently-active custody order/parenting plan prohibits overnight stays by non-family members during visitation. I highly recommend you speak with an experienced family law attorney in your area before you take any action, so they can review the facts of your case and further advise you.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.