Strawberry Point, IA asked in Criminal Law for Wisconsin

Q: I was at Walmart with another person who apparently stole something. Now they want me in there store to question and won

Won't give me anymore info what do I do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Thomas Murphy
Thomas Murphy
  • Waukesha, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: It would be in your best interest to consult a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible if you haven't already. Based on the limited facts given, it is difficult to say whether the police want to simply question you as a witness or potentially charge you as a party to a crime. A criminal defense attorney would be able to analyze your individual situation, protect your rights, and advise you on how to proceed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.