Chesterfield, MO asked in Criminal Law for Missouri

Q: My friend was convicted of criminal murder when he was 17 years old, he's since served 12 years

at his trial, there was evidence that was not shown, two days they found him guilty, I have his case files & about 90% of his case was not told in court, I need to know how to go about getting an appeal for this, he's had many but they've been denied.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Justin Michael Crozier
Justin Michael Crozier
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Kansas City, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: The best thing you can do is to get in touch with an attorney and have them review the case with you. Getting an appeal isn't always easy, and once you get it you might lose it. Having an attorney is the best way to ensure that he gets the best opportunity to win. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.