Miami, FL asked in Car Accidents for Florida

Q: What should I do ?

I got into an accident last week, accidentally backed up into a car , and gave a few unnoticeable scratches. She let me go but took pictures of my tag , my permit, and now has my number. Come to find out she has a car rental and wants me to pay $350 down now and just forget about the situation , I tried working with her and suggestions products we can use to fix the scratches but she just wants the money to fix the whole bumper , I don't have no information on her at all. I'm willing to pay her $100 a week until the total amount of $350 she asked for. But should I be worried about having proof of paying her ? She did not call the police at all.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Keith Petrochko
Keith Petrochko
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Lake Mary, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Yes, you should set up a release of claims agreement.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.