Muncie, IN asked in Uncategorized for Indiana

Q: I am looking for someone to help me. My son was accuse of touching a girl. he was never charged but they kept it open.

an it's been 6 moths since we heard anything. There is no eveidens. CPS was involved an they must have cleared me cause i never received anything from them like the told me i would in the mail. I really think this girl was coached of what to say. And this isn't the first time this has happen. she even accused her mom's boyfriend of throwing her one the bed an hurting her. CPS was involved in that case an they found it to be a lie. The police officer wont let me get the police report. an he only spend about 10 mins with us to get our side an it spend almost an 1hr with her. I dont think that was fare to me an my son. so i would really like to get this close. plz can u help me .

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Paul Stanko
Paul Stanko
  • Plymouth, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: You can't close a police investigation. The best thing to do is get lawyered up, don't talk to anyone, and don't talk to the police about it especially! If they don't think they have enough evidence to charge, it will eventually blow over.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.