Long Branch, NJ asked in Education Law and Juvenile Law for New Jersey

Q: I want my pub. school dist. to pay to send my child to a new school. What type of attorney specialization do I look for.

The public school my daughter attends was caught cheating on a state standardized test a few years ago by parents.

The parents sued and made the district pay to send their child to a private school. The settlement was kept quiet and I do not think the state was informed of the cheating incident(s). As a parent, I do not know if the cheating is ongoing. It is not clear if my daughters "high performing" district is legit or based on falsified test results. I would like for my child to attend a school with less admin. sanctioned cheating, naturally.

As far as finding a NJ lawyer, I keep finding lawyers that work for schools or districts. Looking for one that is parent/student focused.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer
  • Clifton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: You need an education law attorney. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.