Carlsbad, NM asked in Family Law for New Mexico

Q: how can we file to have our case against cyfd of new mexico moved to federal court

cyfd in new mexico is terminating parental rights appointed attorney will not do anything we have no money to hire an attorney

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Marshall Jason Ray
Marshall Jason Ray
  • Albuquerque, NM
  • Licensed in New Mexico

A: This is a very difficult situation. Generally, you cannot remove this type of case to federal court. In some rare instances, families or individuals facing termination of parental rights have brought federal court civil rights lawsuits, but not typically with success. It is not possible to fully advise your of your options without a better understanding of your facts. The information provided in this answer is merely general information, not legal advice specific to your case.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.