Brooklyn, NY asked in Lemon Law for New York

Q: Hi. what should i do if lawyer is not responding to my calls?

Hi. I had a car that was deemed a lemon. My lawyer charged me 500 dollars out of pocket and also received payment from chrysler. while my car was in the shop i paid out of pocket for 3 rental cars. I had an open case with chrysler. when they sad the car was finally fixed which turns out it wasn't the people from chrysler said the would send me a check for all 3 rental cars. my lawyer told me no to accept and let him deal with it. i followed his advice. When he sent me the final papers for settlement it only included one of the rental cars. at the time i didn't realize it and signed the papers bc my lawyer said it was the best deal i would get. i signed and then realized the other 2 cars weren't covered. he said he would get in touch with them and get it resolved. this was over a year ago. I've called him approx 150 or so times and he hasn't returned my messages yet.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Paula J. Mcgill
Paula J. Mcgill
  • Marietta, GA
  • Licensed in New York

A: You can always write him, lay out what happened and advise him, if he cannot explain everything that happened and why he has not returned your calls, you will file a complaint against him with the NY Court. I cannot provide a direct link for you to click. However, I have provided a link you can cut and paste to get the information from the NY Court system.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.