Philadelphia, PA asked in Family Law and Child Support for Pennsylvania

Q: I have shared parenting with my kid father is it still legal to continue on child support on the kid's father

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cheryl Rowe
Cheryl Rowe
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: If he has more than half of the overnights, he would not owe anything to you. If you have 50/50, the person with the higher income is usually required to pay something(I would have to know your incomes to tell you the exact numbers), and if he has less than 40% of the overnights, the support guidelines do not allow a reduction in the amount owed to you. Best of luck to you!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.