North Port, FL asked in Admiralty / Maritime for Florida

Q: I need to file for an emergency post seizure hearing to file a complaint on a wrongful arrest of a sailing vessel

I have all my details of evidence put together and I need to get in front of the judge that signed off on the arrest.

I have been told by the clerk of court to file the motion of request by filling out the general docket form and mailing this request in to the judge and then I have to wait.

Is this correct?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Is this case in federal district court (Admiralty rules and jurisdiction)? If so, I expect that you can request a hearing electronically. If you will send me the case number and district (There are three federal districts in Florida), I would be happy to look at it for you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.