Roanoke, TX asked in DUI / DWI for Michigan

Q: Trying to contact my sister-in-law

She was arrested Thursday in Traverse City for suspicion of drunk driving. She backed her car into a window at a Shell Gas station. No injuries. Her sisters are trying to contact her from different regions in the US, but with no luck. They have tried to cal the County Jail but there is a automated system requiring a call back from the jail. We think we received a call early this morning at 5:30 AM CDT, but didn't pick up in time. Can we contact a lawyer to check in on her and arrange bail for her? What's that process?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Paul Stanko
Paul Stanko
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Plymouth, IN

A: Contact a local attorney. The attorney will know who to contact.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.