Aurora, IL asked in DUI / DWI for Illinois

Q: I refused to take a breath test and lost my license for a year. How can I get it reinstated sooner?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lori Levin
Lori Levin
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Chicago, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Based on your question, it is unclear where you are in the process. Did your lawyer timely file a petition to rescind the summary suspension of your driver's license? If not, or it was withdrawn or you lost the hearing, did you apply to drive with a BAIID device or have you applied for a restricted driving permit?

In other words, there may be ways to allow you to drive during the one year suspension. It also sounds like this was your first DUI but all of these questions should be discussed with experienced counsel.

This statement was for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice nor establish an attorney-client relationship between the parties.

Lori G. Levin

Attorney at Law

180 N. LaSalle, Suite 3700

Chicago, IL 60601


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.