Zephyrhills, FL asked in Family Law for Florida

Q: Hello, So here is my question. I am going on 15 months of a supplemental petition for modification.

I am trying to lower the amount of support I pay due to change of job and income level. I filed the modification and my ex had not met mandatory disclosure. I filed a motion to compel which was granted. I still did not receive anything so I filed a motion to issue sanctions to find her in contempt and the court found her in contempt and gave my ex 30 days to meet mandatory disclosure. At this point I am not sure where to go from here. Should I schedule a final hearing and ask the court to disregard the information that she is missing from mandatory disclosure or should I file another motion asking something else. I am frustrated and don't know where to go from here. Will the judge allow the modification to finalize even though my ex has not met mandatory disclosure.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
A. James Mullaney III
A. James Mullaney III
  • Jacksonville, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You should try to subpoena the records you are looking for from her bank or employer. Since she is still refusing to produce the mandatory documents, you should ask that she be incarcerated until she provides the documents (since she is in contempt for not producing the documents).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.