Horicon, WI asked in Nursing Home Abuse for Wisconsin

Q: My husband has been in a rehab center in Mayville Wi for over 9 weeks He is being abused mentally verbally and neglected

He receives no meds wrong meds too many meds...he is served cold food no food wrong food....his dressing is not changed per Drs orders he is not tolieted in a timely fashion he is served food while on the bed pan no call light sits there for 2 hours...and on and on..I have secured a safe place for him Crossroads will not release him please help..I am there every day .... he is not the only one suffering from these issues

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Emmanuel Muwonge
Emmanuel Muwonge
  • Wauwatosa, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: I am sorry your husband has been subjected to what you describe and in many respects sounds like abuse and neglect. I have quite a bit of questions and don't know if this is the ideal forum to address the questions. Nonetheless, I would like to ascertain whether or not what you refer to as abuse is both physical and mental and what efforts and steps have you taken to document the abuse and neglect? Do you have dated notes of your observations with times and durations and, if possible witnesses? Regardless of whether you did document or didn't, have you reported the abuse and neglect to a supervisor? If so, is this documented? Do you have copies of everything you have documented or caused to document? When I refer to documenting I am expecting or, if you haven't done so already, that you take photographs of each and everything you are complaining is representative of their neglect and abuse. Maintain a log of what is going on. Take pictures of the medication (wrong) (too many) and take pictures of the logs that are in the your husband's room. From the limited information you have given me and the limitations imposed by virtue of the circumstances, I am requesting if you don't mind to reach out to discuss this in full. I would expect that the email address and contact information are available so that you are able to proceed accordingly. I hope things get better but if not, please reach out. Please advise me accordingly.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.