Seattle, WA asked in Family Law for Idaho

Q: What forms do I need to unsuspended my parental rights? How do I?

The original case was closed as the guardians divorced. My rights have been willfully suspended not terminated. Nor were his mothers. If I reopen the case does she have as much chance at getting him?

He is 13 and competent. Can he choose? But I really need to know what forms to file as I live in Idaho and he lives in Libby Montana... Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Natalie Greaves
Natalie Greaves
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: I'm a bit confused as to the details of your question. I can't tell who your son lives with now, if there is a guardianship case that is designating who is his guardian, or if you are talking about custody. I'm also unsure jurisdictionally whether the case would be in Montana (where the child lives) or whether there was an Idaho case already establishing jurisdiction in Idaho. In short, your case seems very complicated. I would suggest you use the feature to find an attorney and discuss the details to get a better answer of your options. Best of luck to you!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.