Little Rock, AR asked in Estate Planning for Arkansas

Q: If the trustee placed a 450,000+ estate in a small estate, and has only herself listed on affidavit for collection of SE

This is still not settled after 1 1/2 years, and there was a will. She had all the siblings sign a release, (this basically said we had zero rights to it, but her name was on it, because (she stated) it had to be this way because she was the distributee) her reason -for this "Our father didn't have have his wife (our Mom) on property that was to be devided funny thing is it was only 4.4 acres, and it's the only land listed in the above affidavit, but there are at least 240 acres, also 3 large tractors, four wheelers, over 100 cattle and she's in the homestead, in the will, the house was to go to whom ever received the least amount of land. We called the new attorney and he stated he only works for her not the rest of the family! I can't believe this person would do this.. please help our family....

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brandon M Haubert
Brandon M Haubert
  • North Little Rock, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: You can file to become the personal representative and then the affiant has to account to you for their actions. The best bet is to have a consultation with a lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.