Littleton, CO asked in Appeals / Appellate Law and Family Law for Colorado

Q: Im on a trails record and appealed it. I need to respond to an offer from them. Not sure what to do.

My wife (now ex) accused me of molesting my 3.5 yr old daughter. I never did that! Dept of Human services were called. My case was unfounded until an unlicensed clinical social worker got involved saying my daughter was saying she had "secrets" and making up things my daughter would never say. The DHS then made it founded. I didn't see my daughter for 18 pos (No contact-phone, emails, cards, anything) We are in reunification therapy but I cannot afford it anymore ($250/hr). Im now on a trails record and my case also became a dependency and neglect. I have a contested hearing for the D & N on 11/17. I was given an "offer" on my appeal for the trails and I just don't know what to do. Im so tired of fighting all of them. I just want to have my daughter back in my life. She's only 5 yrs old. Im at such a loss right now.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
  • Fort Collins, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: Contact an attorney to review your offer and the potential outcomes of accepting the offer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.