Middletown, NJ asked in Criminal Law and Landlord - Tenant for New Jersey

Q: I live in a house an rent a room with my son an husband, his dad is saying to get out everytime he gets mad or drunk,

well I no my law an he has to evict us properly, well we are leaving for a week out of state an I will have our room on camra an it will be locked so what happens if he trys to break in an throw our things out? we live here I get mail here an I have it in writing what we pay a month with his signature, so what can I do if he breaks in ect

1 Lawyer Answer
Santo Artusa Jr.
Santo Artusa Jr.
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Jersey City, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: You would need to speak to an attorney about this and give better details so we can assess what is going on.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.