Milwaukee, WI asked in Workers' Compensation for Wisconsin

Q: Do I have a case and can I sue?

I tore two ligaments in my wrist after a fall at work. Did physical therapy and then had surgery after that didnt help now my wrist is worse. I moved and didn't have transportation or money to take transportation to attend Dr visits specially if all he was going to was ask me if I was working again and ask me to come back. First it was a month then 2 month then so on. My job said they'd put me on the schedule and never got back to me even after I kept calling I eventually had to find another job because I wasn't getting any compensation. My wrist never got any better and I would explain that to the Dr and he would just say come back. I've had to buy a wrist supporter to help ease some of the pain but it doesn't help when my hand goes numb or a sharp pain goes up my arm. I guess all I'm trying to ask is do I have a case?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: Sounds like you don't have an attorney. First you need to contact a member of the Wisconsin Assn for Justice who handles

workers compensation--they give free consultations. Your not getting compensation is a problem they may be able to help with. You need to follow up with some flavor of doctor to show you still have issues, to keep your file open.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.