Palm Beach Gardens, FL asked in Divorce for Florida

Q: If there is a backlog in alimony payments can I move on with my plans and ignore father's email for visitation?

If there is a backlog in alimony payments can I move on with my plans if the father has visitation for the upcomingthanksgiving?

Fort Lauderdale, FL | a second ago


No divorce is still pending in Florida court

We just had a mediation and we mutually agreed to follow a 'out of town florida child visitation plan.

There is no court order yet for any child visitation plan. The father has been paying Alimony & child support on time But suddenly since last 5 months he has been behind on payments and is not responding to reminder emails. He still has few more alimony payments to make based on our mutual agreement (which has been just written on a paper and signed by us) not submitted to court. Also since last 3 months he has not kept in touch with the child and suddenly he wants to come visit her on the thanks giving weekend. But me & the child already made plans (since there was no communication from him. Can i just ignore his email?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Arthur Smitten
John Arthur Smitten
  • Clearwater, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Legally no you cannot do that but people do that all the time.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.