Warren, MI asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Divorce for Michigan

Q: How do I find the paper work to Amend my divorce?

I have three children and my ex-husband (their father) is $3000 behind on his support and I have full custody. He does not see the kids at all. He still gets to claim the kids this year, so I would like to change it so if he's more than 4 weeks behind he can not claim them the following years. Iv'e been looking for the papers for weeks and can't find anything. I live in Oceana county.

1 Lawyer Answer
Mr Scott Marshall Neuman
Mr Scott Marshall Neuman
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Okemos, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: Try writing it up as a motion and filing it in your divorce court. I'm not sure if such a motion would be granted.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.