Albuquerque, NM asked in Personal Injury for New Mexico

Q: Is there a cap on punitive damage awards in the state of New Mexico, and if so, what is that amount?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Peter N. Munsing


A: Worry about the case, not the cap. Don't even focus on punitives. Get a consult from a member of the New Mexico Trial Lawyers Addn and Foundation--they give free consults.

Joshua Bradley

  • Albuquerque, NM
  • Licensed in New Mexico

A: There are many factors that play into whether punitive damages can be awarded, and if so, in what amount. I would get a free consultation with a personal injury attorney in New Mexico to discuss your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.